Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 'Crunch"

Good afternoon! I'm feeling crummy today, with aches, stomach pains and general frustration. I can't stand being sick! I did finally take some photos of my daughter's playhouse, so here they are! There's a shot of her little "WELCOME" mat, which is nothing more than 2" felt letters on a textured piece of felt! (Yes, I could have hooped and embroidered it, but I was in the Christmas "Crunch" and didn't have time). I also wish I had done something more life like with the flowers and shrubs, but again, time wasn't on my side this holiday. I made this based on the McCall's pattern M6369, and it was very easy (for me, a medium/experienced seamstress who otherwise makes clothing for a living). I'd recommend that you use only lightweight fabrics for your iron on appliques (the greenery and flowers) because otherwise, you'll spend your life ironing through the heavy duty wonder under. If you haven't used wonder under, it's a product that helps appliques along, fusing the layers together. It makes a much more beautiful, flat, professional looking applique. I know the first ones I made without it were so super wrinkly, even if I ironed the fabric, because it got pulled a bit in the machine. This helps my work be better, but other people swear by other stabilizers and products, so feel free to let me know about the awesomeness that is your experience! I also went to JoAnn Fabrics today, and I got a pretty good deal on some dark green fabric with 1/4 inch white dots. Happy happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment